What is air duct cleaning?
Residential Duct Cleaning generally refers to the cleaning of the various heating & cooling system components of the home's forced air systems. Usual components are: the supply & return air ducts and registers, grills & diffusers, heat exchangers, heating & cooling coils, drip pans, fan motor, fan housing and air handling unit housing.
If not properly installed, maintained and operated, these components may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen or other debris. If moisture is present, potential for micro bacterial growth (e.g. mold) is increased and also spores from such growth may be released into residential living space. Some of these contaminants may cause allergic reactions or other respiratory problems by adults or kids if they are exposed to them.
Although industry associations concerned have established standards, methods of Air Duct Cleaning wary. Typically a residential service provider will use specialized tools to dislodge dirt and other debris in the ducts, and then vacuum them out with high-powered vacuum system (Truck Mount).
Facts about Residential Pollutants
- Home's Indoor air has been found up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air. (EPA)
- 50 % of all illnesses in the home are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergies)
- 1 out of 6 people (kids & adults) who suffer from allergies do so as a direct result of the fungi and bacteria in air duct systems.we will do the removal for you. (Total Health and Better Health Magazines)
- The elderly, asthmatics and people with breathing problems, allergies and lung diseases are also likely to be more sensitive to pollutants. (Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
- Most commercially purchased fiberglass filters are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, pollen, dust, etc. from passing through them. (ASHRAE)
- 9 out of 10 residential heating and air conditioning failures are caused by dust and dirt. (LCES)
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air. They breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight, and are closer to the ground where pollutant concentrations are higher. (Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
Residential Air Duct FAQ's
How often should my home's air ducts be cleaned?
Neither the EPA nor the Center for Disease Control (CDC) offer any guidelines as to how often you should clean your air ducts. It is important to consider that neither of these two agencies recommend how often you should have your carpets, windows or furniture cleaned either. An honest and ethical duct cleaner will help you decide how often you should have your vents and coils cleaned based on; household size, pets, environment and individual health issues.
How often should I have my clothes dryer vent cleaned?
If you have a traditional sheet-metal dryer exhaust vent, you should inspect it about every 2-3 years depending on usage. If you have the cheap, flexible, corrugated plastic vent tube, you should replace it with metal duct work in an effort to prevent fires. The outside vent should be cleaned every year.
Will there be any hidden charges?
There are never any hidden charges. You will know what the final price is before the air duct cleaning technician arrives. Infact, you can make the check out before they arrive because there will be no hidden charges! The only exception would be if you wanted the technician to do something additional like clean your chimney or dryer vent.
Is my house going to get dusty?
No, the vacuum remains inserted in the trunk-line throughout the process so under normal circumstances that is avoided. You should see just the opposite. Most people notice a significant decrease in dust after their air ducts have been cleaned.
• Dryer Vent Cleaning
• Area Rug Cleaning
• Boat & Yacht Cleaning
• Carpet Cleaning
• Chair Cleaning
• Couch Cleaning
• Deep Cleaning
• Deep Soil Extraction
• Draperies & Curtain Cleaning
• Dry Cleaning
• Fabric Cleaning
• Flood First Response
• Furniture Cleaning
• Grout Sealing
• Mattress Cleaning
• Mildew Removal
• Mold Removal
• Rug Cleaning
• Pet Odor Removal
• Sofa Cleaning
• Stain & Soil Removal
• Steam Cleaning
• Tile & Grout Cleaning
• Upholstery Cleaning
• Water Damage, Leaks &
Flood Clean Up
100% Guaranteed Satisfaction
No Hidden Charges
Same Day Service
Operating Sunday - Friday
24/7 Emergency Service
|OUR 21 DAY GUARANTEE!|
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the cleaning, we will come back out to your house or business anytime within 21 days of the initial cleaning and take care of the problem free-of-charge.
Don't WAIT! Call us at 786-262-6454 or contact us for a FREE ESTIMATE!